We all know stress is bad for us, but most of us don't know just how bad it is:
Whatever your Physical, Career, or Life goals are, stress can be that ball and chain that keeps you from reaching your goal.
But stress isn't just an emotional thing that happens when you have a bad day or find yourself in a pickle; Stress is anything that impairs your body from performing at it's Highest function.
these are the 3 things that can put Stress on the body:
1. Trauma: any type of physical trauma that damages your body can be a stress-or. This could be a car accidents, a bad fall, or even over training in the gym. The thing with trauma is that your body (Muscles, joints, organs,etc) has not 100% recovered from whatever it is that caused the trauma.
2. Toxins: Toxins can be absorbed via food (or supplements), air, or even skin. This is why you need to make sure you can read all of the ingredients in a food, eat organic, be careful what lotion or make up you where, and avoid areas of high pollution.
This is why it is important to detox frequently to avoid the build up of toxins. Here are some things you can do to detoxify your body:
Drink a lot of water
Dry brush your skin (clears the pores so that they are free to release more toxins)
Eat more citrus fruits like lemons, along with leafy greens.
Drink green tea
3. Thoughts: Thoughts are probably the most powerful stress-or and easiest to change. If you think back in time, when man still had to hunt to survive and lived in caves, life was very different.
Imagine the brain of a caveman gets a phone call from the stomach. the stomach says "Hey there brain, we got an infection down here and need some help right away." The brain replies, "Sure thing, I'll send some troops your way!". As soon as the brain gets off the phone, he gets ready to send the troops, but he looks out his windshield and sees a saber tooth tiger running straight towards him. He says "Screw the stomach, I need all the energy I can muster to get away from this creature that's going to eat me!". So he sends all the blood and energy to the limbs and muscles to get the hell out of dodge.
So today, when we get stressed, it is usually not followed by sprinting away for dear life, but rather sitting on the couch or in an office chair.
This takes all the energy away from the immune system and halts growth and repair processes of the body. This is why I would argue that 99% of disease or sickness is due to stress. If you eat good food and detoxify often, exercise and rehab any physical trauma, and remain positive through life, sickness should be a stranger to you.
EHH! All this talk of stress is making me stressed! So here is the solution
1. Training: Fixing injuries and remaining active helps detoxify your body and keep hormones in proper function. Also doing things like Sauna and Dry Brushing your skin can help relieve more toxins.
2. Nutrition: Follow a specific plan. Plan out what you are going to eat. Make baby steps toward the perfect diet instead of trying to jump straight into an Olympic athletes diet.
3. Mental Re-Programming: Listen to what you tell yourself. Set goals, and decide what is most important to you. Do some research on NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) to learn how to speak and think your way to success.
Hope you enjoyed,
Any questions, comments, or snide remarks? Leave them below!